On the 25th of November 2021, the Baseline Project Partners came together to discuss the progress of the Baseline project.
Due to the restrictions in the Member States at that time as a consequence of the pandemic, the Baseline Coordination Team was forced to organise this meeting online. The formal introduction was given by Sabine Kühschelm, Director Infrastructure and Road Safety of the Federal Ministry of Austria, and by Peter Whitten, Policy Officer of the European Commission. Baseline is gaining attention from outside the participating Member States, and therefore the Coordination Team invited observers from France, Italy and Serbia to follow the General Assembly.
The General Assembly was not only used the discus the practical issues of Baseline and the next steps, but was also seen as an opportunity for Member States to share their gained knowledge on the collection of the KPIs. The following topics were presented:
- The experience of Sweden in the use of KPIs for monitoring by Peter Larsson (Trafikverket, Sweden)
- The practical organization of KPI measurements by Šimon Špinar (CDV, Czech Republic)
- Experiences with the KPI distraction by Markus Schumacher (BASt, Germany)
- Experiences with the KPI vehicle safety by Sheila Ferrer Lopez (DGT, Spain)
- Experiences with the KPI infrastructure by Anne Silla and Harri Peltola (VTT, Finland)
- Experiences with KPI post-crash care by Johannes Mesimäki (VTT, Finland)
- Experiences with KPIs from France by Manuelle Salathé (ONISR, France)
The presentations are published on the Baseline website.
The next General Assembly will take place on the 23rd of February 2022.